UPDATED 8/20/14 with video and images from the Marginal Way Preservation Fund 2014 Garden Party:
The Marginal Way Preservation Fund Garden Party took place on August 17th 2014. This event was held at the summer home of John & Cynthia Phinney (the former home of noted Ogunquit artist Henry Strater) for the benefit of preserving Ogunquit’s Marginal Way for the generations to follow.
Click “Play” below to view video from the Marginal Way Preservation Fund 2014 Garden Party
Click on any image below to view a larger version:
The information below was published before the event took place:
Do you Love The Marginal Way? Wine? Art? Ogunquit?
If the answer to any (or all) of those questions is a resounding “Yes!” — then you will absolutely want to make certain that you attend the August 17th Garden Party Celebrating the Marginal Way, where your presence will help the Marginal Way Preservation Fund promote its mission of preserving Ogunquit’s Marginal Way for the generations to follow.
…and did we mention they’ll be giving away at least 100 bottles of wine that afternoon – including one bottle of vintage Mouton Rothschild worth $2,000!!!
The event takes place at the home of John & Cynthia Phinney
Enjoy walking the grounds in mindful appreciation of the very same exceptional views that inspired Strater and Woodbury.
Music, fine wine and a silent auction are planned. Artist Mary Byrom will exhibit an original painting of Dog’s Head Rock. You’ll enjoy hors d’oeuvres prepared by gourmet caterer, Andrea Lagzdins, who trained with Julia Child, Jacques Pepin and Odette Berry!
Don’t Forget To Bring Some Money! There are also 13 dazzling silent auction items going to the highest bidders on Sunday afternoon (4-6 p.m.) including:
- A Three-month Pass to the Award-Winning Fitness Center at the Meadowmere Resort
- Two “Show Plus” Tickets to Judy Collins at Jonathan’s Ogunquit
- Original Oil Painting “Dusk on the Marginal Way” by Mary Byrom
- Framed Winter Photo of The Marginal Way By Photographer Justin Garvin
- An Aerial Video of the Marginal Way by Drone Photographer Matt Wickert
- “Force Through Delicacy” an Out-of-Print biography of Charles Woodbury
- A Collection of Five Henry Strater Art Books (and original correspondence in his own hand), (Phinney home is where Henry lived and painted)
- A Framed Giclee by Mary Byrom – Executive Edition, numbered & signed “Dusk on the Marginal Way”
- A 7’ 2” Surfboard Australia Board (Liquid Dreams Surf Shop)
- Eight California-Crafted, Bordeaux Style Wines From Merriam Vineyards
- A Perfect “Portland” Getaway Package, Eleanor Morehouse’s “Billy’s Garden” Framed Print (Revelations Gifts)
- USA Hand-crafted, Hand-blown, Custom-Colored Bird’s Nest with Three Medium Speckled Eggs Resting on Metal Stand and Signed by the American artist (Panache Gallery)
If you could donate a last minute auction item or help sponsor our event, please contact Catherine Palmer at 207.604.4884.
Free parking will be available at the Cape Neddick Golf Course, 650 Shore Road. A shuttle will transport you to and from the Phinney home.
Event donation: $125 per person – space is limited!!!
And if you REALLY DO love The Marginal Way and Ogunquit – and would love for us to let you know when we’ve got some exciting news, videos and photography about the area to share – request your FREE digital subscription to The Ogunquit Barometer:Click Here - Don't Miss Out On Any Ogunquit News - Subscribe For FREE!